Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 5+ years
Work Status: US Citizens only
Clearance: Top Secret clearance (If you have a Active Secret clearance, we can process for a Interim Top Secret)
Salary: Please let me know your salary requirement (you are paid for all hours worked) or 1099/C2C hourly rate
Title: Jr. VMWare Systems Engineer
Jr. Vmware Systems Engineer (x1)
Clearance Required: TS
1. List of project(s) or duties currently being worked by the individual.
a. VMWare engineering support
b. MS Windows engineering support
c. Software Release/Development support (application upgrades and troubleshooting)
d. Infrastructure ticket monitoring and execution
e. Backup and Recovery
f. Active Directory
2. Specific role of the individual in the project (i.e., lead, developer, production control, etc.) and % of time dedicated to project(s). Be as specific as possible.
a. VMWare (Participant * 25%)
b. Windows Administration (Participant * 25%)
c. Development support (Participant * 40%)
d. Backup and Recovery support (Participant * 5%)
e. Active Directory (Participant * 5%)
Jr. Systems Engineer (VMWare and MS Windows)
The Jr. Systems Engineer shall perform systems design, administration, maintenance, and support of physical and virtual servers located locally and remote in a 24/7 enterprise
The Jr. Systems Engineer shall perform infrastructure changes, performance tuning, backups, and migrations.
The Jr. Systems Engineer shall provide infrastructure support to developers working on applications that use Microsoft Windows and Linux as a platform.
The Jr. Systems Engineer must be able to support weekend infrastructure and release nights (typically once or twice a month on Friday*s from 7 p.m. * Midnight).
* Extensive experience with designing, architecting, and implementing Windows enterprise architectures
* Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating system 2008/2008 R2
* Extensive experience with virtual server technology * VMWare ESX/ESXi 5.5
* Extensive experience with system monitoring tools (e.g.,NetIQ AppManager Suite, SolarWinds, Spotlight
* Extensive experience with backup and recovery software (e.g., Avamar)
* Experience with Linux and/or similar Unix-based servers
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 in a large scale production environment
* Experience with NetIQ monitoring tool in a large scale production environment
* Experience with ColdFusion server administration 1. Experience
* 5+ years experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 or above administration and server maintenance and system integration
* 4+ years advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* 3+ years experience with VMWare ESX/ESXi Administration and support
* 3+ years experience configuring and troubleshooting load balancing equipment to provide high availability to web enabled applications
* Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) -- Windows Server 2008 track
* VMware Certified Professional on VMware vSphere 4 (VCP4) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
Sr. Program Hiring Manager
Knowledge Management, Inc
353 Middlesex Road
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
Tel: (978) 649-0123 ext. 200
Fax: (978) 970-1268
"An SBA 8(a) STARS II Contract Holder & an SDB & MBE Certified Company"