Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Jr. to Lead Backend Engineer Hypergrowth Fintech/Payments Startup Location: You can either work in San Francisco or Santa Clara (whichever you prefer)
This company s product is a B2B payments platform. The company is in hypergrowth; revenues have multiplied year over year, and the company grew from about 20 employees in June 2019 to over 50 a few months later. The company has many openings, including multiple openings for backend engineers (from jr. to lead level), and has 2 offices in the Bay Area so that it can hire rapidly.
The company will offer salary up to $200k as well as equity which could be lucrative.
- Working on the core business logic, including onboarding and verification, money movement, notifications, reporting, risk and fraud, and analytic tools
- Working with REST APIs
- Using encryption and best practices to make sure that data and communications are secure
- Collaborating closely with DBAs to design high performance queries and scalable
- Contributing to the architecture of core systems to scale in a distributed fashion. Incorporating database sharding, caching, concurrent & parallel computing, messaging, etc. to achieve 24x7 reliability
- (if Lead level) Helping to mentor junior engineers
- Closely collaborating with cross-functional teams in Product, Marketing, and Operations
- Either 1) experienced in Java, or 2) willing to learn and primarily use Java, and experienced in at least one of: Scala, Go, Python, or C++
- A Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Open, direct, and honest communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to coding best practices including code reviews and unit testing
- Passion for learning and constant improvement
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in an early to mid stage startup
- Experience working in fintech and/or payments
- Experience with either AWS or another cloud platform such as Rackspace or Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with NoSQL, Redis, Cassandra
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis
- Experience building highly available, large scale distributed systems
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: