For 20 years, FEI Systems has been a proven provider of health information technology solutions for Federal, State, and local governments and now, Managed Care Organizations. Our Long-Term Services and Supports solution Carity provides an integrated platform for application and eligibility determinations across Medicaid waiver and incentive programs. FEI's CareVisit enables State agencies, Managed Care Organizations, and case managers to monitor the delivery of in-home community-based services. Our Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (WITS) solution tracks behavioral health services, allowing agencies and providers to securely administer and share client treatment information. In addition, FEI provides a wealth of information technology services to Federal Government agencies, from requirements gathering and application development through independent testing, help desk services, and maintenance.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
This individual will be responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of quality control tasks, including analyzing requirements; test planning and strategy; developing and executing test cases; evaluating and documenting test results; and promoting teamwork and organizational integrity.
• Review documentation to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives.
• Use standardized testing methods, tools and procedures to ensure testing is efficient, effective and comprehensive.
• Translate requirements into detailed test plans and test cases.
• Design and create test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for release.
• Execute manual and automated test cases and test scripts.
• Perform functional integration and regression testing.
• Work with users to support User Acceptance Testing.
• Advise Test Manager/Project Manager regarding overall quality of project and state of work.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with co-workers and management team.
• 2 to 3 years of experience working as a QA Tester including but not limited to: test preparation, test execution, peer reviews, defect tracking, functional testing and regression testing.
• Associates degree.
• Experience with various SDLC methodologies.
• 2 to 3 years of prior Health IT experience.
• Self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle overlapping assignments and effectively prioritize work.
Preferred Technology Skills/Experience:
• Experience with EDI transactions X12 format
• Experience and understanding of Agile development life cycle.
• Associates degree or bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology related field (preferred).
Location: Locally remote in Jackson, MS area (will need to attend regularly meetings when needed onsite), Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.