Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, iDefense Security Intelligence Services and Managed DNS.
Mid-Level DBA with strong technical aptitude to join our Production Operations Service Database Team, working with multiple applications in support of key services. You will work with senior level database administrators maintaining mainly PostgreSQL and MySQL databases in a Linux environment. There will be opportunity to gain experience with Oracle databases. In this role, you will be responsible for mission critical internet databases in our production environment.
• Maintain and support complex, mission-critical software systems
• On-call support in a 24x7/365 operational environment
• Support MySQL and PostgreSQL databases, some Oracle
• Database monitoring, performance tuning, and administration
• Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems
• Create shell scripts and SQL scripts for database administration
• Implement, maintain and test backup and recovery processes
• Enforce security measures to protect company data