Mid-Level Business Analyst - WITS project
FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Job Summary: As a Junior Business Analyst, you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements for our electronic behavioral health record product, WITS (Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services). You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Account Managers, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
* Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff
* Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions within the WITS framework
* Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development
* Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Account Managers and Developers to estimate project impact
* Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes
* Work with the Account Managers to demonstrate the changes to the customer to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed
* Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Behavioral Health industry
* Prefer - Familiarity with the clinical and business processes within Behavioral Health settings as well as in-depth understanding of general healthcare treatment
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques
* Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements
* Knowledge of process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation processes
* Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment
* Strong consultative and advisory skills
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Columbia Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI.com, Inc. participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement.