CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is seeking a highly motivated Junior Business Analyst to join our team who will be supporting one of our long-standing partners in Salt Lake City, UT!
At CGI, our Business Analysts have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. If that sounds like you, then your career could begin at CGI.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. As a Business System Analysts you will be placed on one of our many projects and provide technical/functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems.
Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
CGI has built deep domain expertise, process knowledge and best practices through more than 40 years of delivering Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and services for state and local government. In fact, we are the only leading independent IT and business process services firm that develops, implements, supports and hosts integrated ERP software exclusively for government! The successful Junior Business Analyst will quickly learn key aspects of the ERP and government financial management domain. Need to be able to work independently and as part of a team to successfully complete consulting activities and contribute towards helping our clients successfully implement the ERP solutions. At the same time, the Junior Business Analyst will have the opportunity to quickly gain core IT consulting experience and competencies that form the critical foundation for growth and multiple career paths within CGI.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company.
CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
As the Junior Business Analyst, you will need to rapidly learn the government ERP related business processes and functions to help with the design, configuration, test, documentation, and user support that lead to the successful implementation of ERP solutions.
You will collaborate with the client on technology and business process related efforts that include gathering functional business requirements, designing new system functionality, testing software code, and supporting end users.
You will need to quickly learn and effectively leverage different project tools including using automated test tools to define test scenarios and test cases, execute tests, and document test results. You will be able to work in a dynamic environment that may leverage different methodologies including Agile implementation approaches.
Additional duties are as follows:
• Facilitate team and client meetings effectively to gather and document requirements, design system enhancements, drive user feedback, and conduct quality assurance testing through completion of project
• Write clear and concise system documentation, including developer guides, design specifications, and topic papers
• Create and execute repeatable test scripts based on defining test scenarios and test cases derived from business requirements; includes creation of test data to support the test scripts
• Perform system testing using test scripts to ensure requirements are met
• Execute regression testing scripts
• Support training and knowledge transfer activities for the client
You should also possess:
• Very strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Great attention to detail and follow through
• Strong dedication to successfully achieving project goals and objectives
• Quickly gaining on-the-job experience implementing IT systems
• Solid understanding of the IT project life-cycle
• Ability to prioritize effectively, multitask, and manage time appropriately
• Strong interpersonal skills and clear communication skills with the ability to adapt written and oral communication to different audiences
• Customer service focused experience and proficiency
• Ability to manage project scope
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Business Majors to include Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems, IS/IT and other majors that include consulting and technology coursework)
• 0-2 years of experience
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
• 1-2 years of experience implementing IT systems
• Hands-on experience with the full IT project life-cycle
• ERP Implementation: SAP, Oracle, Workday, Advantage, etc.
• Experience in system analysis, design, and testing
• Experience with user support activities
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox atUS_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.