For 20 years, FEI Systems has been a proven provider of health information technology solutions for Federal, State, and local governments and now, Managed Care Organizations. Our Long-Term Services and Supports solution Carity provides an integrated platform for application and eligibility determinations across Medicaid waiver and incentive programs. FEI's CareVisit enables State agencies, Managed Care Organizations, and case managers to monitor the delivery of in-home community-based services. Our Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (WITS) solution tracks behavioral health services, allowing agencies and providers to securely administer and share client treatment information. In addition, FEI provides a wealth of information technology services to Federal Government agencies, from requirements gathering and application development through independent testing, help desk services, and maintenance.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Job Summary: As a Junior Business Analyst, you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements for our Medicaid waiver case management system, eLTSS. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to help foster their understanding the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Account Managers, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also includes demonstrating both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
• Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff
• Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions within the eLTSS framework
• Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development
• Conduct gap analyses between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Account Managers and Developers to estimate project impact
• Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes
• Work with the Account Managers to demonstrate the changes to the customer to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software
• Prefer - Familiarity with the clinical and business processes within Behavioral Health settings as well as in-depth understanding of general healthcare treatment
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques
• Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements
• Knowledge of process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and evaluation processes
• Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment
• Strong consultative and advisory skills
Location: Locally remote in Jackson, MS area (will need to attend regularly meetings when needed onsite)
Full time position with full company benefits
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.