We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers Group, Inc. seeks a Jr.ETL Developer to build and govern Operational Data Store (ODS) mappings and integrations. The ETL Developer will be responsible for SDLC of ODS application assets: gathering and interpreting business requirements; creating and documenting program design; coding, testing, and performance tuning program changes; supporting all implementation activities; and providing post-implementation monitoring/support.
Essential Job Functions
Informatica repository creation/configuration and mapping/workflow development, ODS data model enhancements, management of timely oral and written communications on project progress and overall status, facilitation of in-person and remote meetings with business & IT resources, coordination of code reviews and participation in peer-reviews to ensure development adherence to coding standards for quality and compliance, and maintenance of application run books and dashboards.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or similar field) or equivalent or specific relevant experience with 1 year of experience in job offered.
Special Skill Requirement :
- Strong understanding of operational data staging environments, data modeling principles, and data warehousing concepts.
- Strong analytical skills and SQL proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Informatica ETL and Oracle/DB2 database technologies.
- ETL background (SSIS, ODI, Informatica, DataStage, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risks to management for direction.
- Experience with ERWIN or similar data modeling tools, preferred.
- Experience with JSON services or IIB integrations, preferred.
- Experience in P/C Insurance Industry preferred (not required).
- Experience with Sharepoint or other document sharing technologies, preferred.
- Good written and oral skills in local language, preferred.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/13/2019