Junior-Level Front-End Java Developer
Location: Alexandria, VA
CMCI provides superior management consulting and IT services that empower enterprises to achieve their business goals in today's highly competitive market. Our goal is to seamlessly integrate into each customer's organization in order to fully understand their business and technology needs. This approach allows us to quickly deliver superior quality solutions while achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction on time and within budget. By choosing CMCI, you are choosing a company that can deliver on business outcomes and mission needs in the most cost-effective manner and without sacrificing capability. As a part of CMCI's culture of loyalty and commitment to its employees, CMCI is committed to provide a tremendous career path by promoting employees to their highest potential.
Candidates will have 2+ years’ experience:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- UI/UX Designs
Clearance requirements: CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO UNDERGO AND PASS A FULL FIELD BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A CLEARANCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science