Job Title: Junior Java Developer (2 Positions)
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Duration: 6+ months Contract to Hire
POSITION 1: Can you please provide a summary of the project/initiative which describes what’s being done?
This role is an entry/associate-level engineering position that requires the individual to have the aptitude to learn and to participate in the overall design, development and testing of the Engineering Enablement organization’s modernization efforts. To be successful the candidate must be eager to learn and possess the ability to pick things up quickly. It is essential for the individual to be self-motivated and tenacious, thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and complete tasks on agreed schedules. The team will look to this individual to assist in the production releases, perform research and to provide assistance in the resolution of production incident tickets and the completion of design and development activities.
What does the ideal candidate background look like (ex: healthcare specific background, etc.)? Computer Science degree or like experience
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
• Participate in the analysis and review of project requirements
• Participate in the creation and review of technical design of component software features
• Develop technical solutions based upon user specifications and technology frameworks, in adherence with client’s standards
• Participate in the review of Design and Test Strategy deliverables
• Participate in code reviews and integration testing of solutions
• Participate in the debugging and resolution of issues found during testing
• Research and analyze production support issues
• Actively communicate with users and team to provide technical support
• Participates with team to establish target dates and complete activities/deliverables under changing conditions
• Participates in production releases as scheduled
What skills/attributes are required (Please be detailed as to number of years of experience)?
• 1 programming experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent transferable experience through coursework, internships or work experience in lieu of participation in the IT Elevate Program
• Strong technical skills and a good understanding of software development principles and project lifecycles
• Familiarity or experience with databases
• Experience with or a good understanding of Agile delivery
• Strong business and technology aptitude with a willingness to learn and understand business and software solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to explain project risks and issues, and IT related concepts clearly and concisely
• High motivated with strong organizational, analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
• Ability to build strong partnerships and to work collaboratively with all business and IT areas.
• Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• High level of professionalism and confidence with the ability to build credibility with team members and business partners
• Works under significant supervision of the Application Manager or technical lead
We cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion
What skills/attributes are preferred (will set a candidate apart)?
• A good understanding of the Agile SDLC
• Ability to translate technology into relatable concepts for business partners
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position
1) Understanding & developing technical solutions for business problems
2) Building automation & defiing/automating CI/CD pipelines
3) Supporting Pre-Deployment & deployment processes
4) Configuring monitoring & tracing tools & participation in production supports
What skills/attributes are required
2) Spring Boot & Spring frameworks
3) Cloud native development, Dockers, Containers
4) Micro-service architecture
5) JSON based REST Webservices
7) Test Automation tools
8) CI/CD tools