Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below...
Work you'll do
We are looking for junior Java developers to help modernize ICAM applications for a major government customer. The successful candidates must be able to quickly learn some long-standing applications, and then be prepared to contribute to iterative enhancement efforts.
- Modernize application architecture and user interface
- Enhance batch script reliability and efficiency for ICAM operations
- Enhance usability through stakeholder engagement
- Identify and analyze user requirements
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Review, test and debug team members' code
- Design database schemas
- Schedule and plan releases
- Document development phases
- Ensure applications are secure and up-to-date
- Utilize IAM (Identity and Access Management) programs to enable federal clients to protect against digital identity risks.
- Provide appropriate access to applications, systems, and data with advanced authentication.
- Oversee the spread of information with privileged access management.
- Verify identity utilizing a wide range of IAM solutions including HSPD-12, PIV, and advanced authentication methods.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced pre-configured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
- BA/BS Degree required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology or experience in related field
- Professional experience as a Java Developer, with at least 2 years of Java development experience
- Experience designing, building and testing Java-based applications, including web and batch applications
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and major design patterns
- Experience with JDBC and DAO design pattern
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Travel up to 15%
- Experience working with IAM, identity governance, and utilizing advanced authentication preferred
- Experience working with HSPD-12
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous identity analytics experience
- Experience in consumer identity and directory services
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.