Kforce has a client in search of a Junior Java Developer in Austin, TX.
* Build valuable Java based financial products and tax regimes for our international markets
* Engineer reusable, extendable, efficient financial calculation code and models
* Continuously improve code maintainability and calculation engine performance
* Branch out into full stack development with service APIs for calc engine integration, advanced distributed calculation modules, etc.
* Experience with object-oriented languages and design patterns
* CS or mathematics degree coupled with experience (academic or otherwise) with Java
* Quant or software development experience within the financial service industry desired
* Desire to learn detailed nuances of worldwide financial products and taxation regimes
* Talent to create simplified solutions for complex problems
* Strong communication skills and engaging personality
* Ability to interface directly with outside non-programmer subject matter experts
* Self-starter who takes initiative and helps to define the product design
* Comfortable working in a non-structured agile development environment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.