"As of June 17, 2016, we ranked 7th as one of the Washington Post Top 150 Workplaces"
At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. We believe that hard-working, smart, ambitious, and dedicated people have the power to create better technology solutions that lead to improved mission outcomes for our government customers and have a positive and lasting impact nationwide. We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter—whether you’re managing a team on an important project, developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free.
“At REI, we are organized to deliver customer delight with empowered teams. We are looking for individuals who can work well in cross-functional agile teams. While you have expertise and experience in a particular area, you have the ability to collaborate with experts in other disciplines and have the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the team’s mission.”
If you’re ready to begin your career at REI, we want to hear from you!
• Quickly learn new technologies and approaches to designing and deploying internet solutions through the use of cloud-based platforms.
• Work within a team of analysts, developers, and testers to build web-based applications for Federal, State, and Local government.
• Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying specific components or modules of large enterprise-level systems.
• Engage in all aspects of the software development life cycle including understanding business requirements and supporting testing prior to go-live.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
• 1-3 years of hands-on experience using Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB
• Extensive experience with databases (SQL) and collections
• Strong SQL skills and experience with TopLink, EclipseLink, JDBC, WebLogic or Oracle database is desired.
• Experience working in an Agile environment highly desired as developers do wear multiple hats
• Willingness to experiment and innovate through technology.
• Outstanding communications and team working skills are required.
• Success oriented individual with a strong desire to grow technically and exceed customer expectations.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics or related discipline
• Master’s degree in related field highly preferred
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience