SCIGON is seeking a Junior Java Engineer for a long-term contract position in San Diego, CA
Summary of Duties & Job Description:
This position will involve designing, modifying, developing, writing, and implementing software applications. The work will also support the testing, validation, configuration and installation of software applications. The right candidate will have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development process and will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate’s ability to express ideas and concepts is required. A good candidate should feel comfortable being mentored by more experienced members of the team and should be a strong team player.
• Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new concepts and technical skills
Java Role Essentials
• Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
• Academic or industry experience using Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVM language
• Experience with Oracle or other RDBMS