We are seeking a Junior Product Manager / Product Coordinator with a background in application support or Service Desk / Customer Service background. The position requires a customer service attitude and an understanding of various enterprise software applications in order to effectively work with internal teams to meet the needs of the end users.
This opening is for a junior to mid-level candidate with 4-7 years of total experience, who has an understanding of software technology and would like to move into software product management. When the help desk can’t resolve a software related issue for the user, it will go to you, so you must be able to master the products quickly.
As part of the Product team, you will work with Product Managers on various projects and/or live products to assist with project related tasks and/or deliverables, 2nd Level Application Support, application training and product administration.
This is a 12+ Month Consulting Assignment.
- Assist Product Manager in completing deliverables for various projects.
- Creating/updating documentation that allows end-users as well as IT Support and development teams to understand the product and the business facing issues the application is trying to resolve.
- Assist Product Manager in reviewing user stories and/or business requirement documentation created by Business Analyst, aid in the development of product roadmaps, creating various documentation in support of a product including training material.
- Assist Product Manager in providing 2nd Level Application Support and working with various teams and/or vendors to resolve issues.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn company systems, with high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of an applications capabilities to the extent that most user questions can be answered without consulting a developer, product manager etc.
- Interest in the principles of Product Management and becoming a Product Manager.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams by establishing strong business relationships with cross-functional partners (i.e. support teams, project management, business relationship managers).
- Ability to communicate key features and benefits of an application consistently across the organization.
- Excellent soft skills (active listening and the ability to empathize with user base).
- The ability to adapt quickly.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience preferably supporting various products and/or projects that have released a new application to the business.