Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Junior Programmer is responsible assisting the Programmer Analyst with developing, documenting, and supporting standardized and/or customized reports and applications from a SQL server database. This position will assist with the collaboration with end-users to gather report and systems requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. Additionally, this position will assist with the assessment of the needs of clients and/or management in order to develop customized reports and applications from a database, and generate reports in a database or other report writer programs and exports them into Crystal Reports, ASP.net, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and/or other applications. The Junior Programmer will also assist the Programmer Analyst with the day to day operations of the computer applications for user departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Programmer Analyst while working directly with managers and end users in designing custom applications and reports.
• Assist with document application and report creation and maintenance procedures.
• Help troubleshoot normal issues.
• Assist with the development and dissemination of reports to monitor daily business activity using Crystal Reports, ASP.NET and SQL query language.
• Assist the Programmer Analyst with Validating and updating existing reports, create and run new reports as needed or requested, and analyze data to obtain and publish daily/monthly statistics relative to agency goals, objectives, and results achieved by individuals and teams within various departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, business administration, or a related field; and 1-3 years of experience creating ASP.NET applications.
HANO offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information on this employment opportunity, and to submit your application for employment and résumé, please visit our website at www.hano.org.
The Housing Authority of New Orleans is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.
4100 Touro Street New Orleans, LA, 70122