For over three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with proven information security leadership experience to both manage Align’s internal cybersecurity programs (20%) and provide counsel to our clients in establishing, building and administering their own cybersecurity programs (80%). The CISO will be expected to provide input in the development, enhancement, and delivery of our growing Cybersecurity practice. This person will be the onsite point executive Cybersecurity resource for our clients who do not require a full time CISO, but still have the need for executive expertise within cybersecurity. Alternately, this role may serve our clients that are in transitional stages with the need for an interim CISO. You will be part of Align’s Cybersecurity practice acting as Align’s CISO.
- The Position will be based out of our New York City office
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based bonuses
- As this practice is a growth area for Align, you will have input in the development, enhancement, and delivery of our client vCISO offerings.
- Be the onsite point executive Cybersecurity resource for our clients.
- Work with clients, mostly in the financial services and investment management industries, to develop their cybersecurity programs and provide leadership in bringing those programs to fruition.
- Regular reporting to client business executives on the status of their information security program.
- Liaison with the client for emerging security standards.
- Guidance and oversight for continual assessments (vulnerability, risk and penetration testing), helping to prioritize results to mitigate risk.
- Mentor and develop junior cybersecurity analysts on the team.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate the introduction and implementation of Align’s cybersecurity offerings to clients.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred, but not necessary
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a cybersecurity professional, at least five (5) of which in a cybersecurity leadership role.
- In depth knowledge of best practices related to SEC and FINRA Cybersecurity compliance and standards relative to Registered Investment Advisors and Broker/Dealers, respectively
- Proven track record in leading cybersecurity programs
- Knowledge of the following regulatory requirements as each relates to data protection and security: GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR
- Knowledge of prevailing Cybersecurity Frameworks such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001, NIST 800-53
- At least one of the following industry certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC
- Experience counseling financial services (and preferable investment management) organizations on cybersecurity issues and compliance
- Effective communicator with a positive and confident attitude
- Excellent writing skills with the capability to create well-formatted reports and client-facing documentation
- Excellent consultative skills with experience preparing business solution proposals and presenting them to senior executives
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and a flexible approach
- Work with our sales team in a presales manner to present yourself as a cybersecurity leader as needed.
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media andtelecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit www.align.com.