The SATCOM Transmissions Analyst will support the planning, engineering, provisioning, and implementation of satellite-based telecommunications networks and services. The Analyst will coordinate with the Regional Satellite Support Center (RSSC), Contingency Exercise Branches (CONEXs), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), deployed units, service components, and combatant commands to assist in the validation of military satellite access requests (SARs), gateway access requests (GARs), and commercial satellite communications requirements. The Analyst will review published satellite access and gateway access authorizations for discrepancies and disseminate to the appropriate/impacted customers, review all Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs) affecting satellite based communications and assets; correct and clarify discrepancies in narrative. Author ASIs on behalf of CENTCOM components for CENTCOM directed actions, and file/record/manage SATCOM mission information in multiple databases. Maintain and update CENTCOM CCSD Portal with SATCOM circuit and terminal identification information in accordance with SAA, GAA, and DISA TSOs.
In addition, the Analyst will be required to:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Conduct satellite based interference characterization, obtain operational impact analysis from affected components/reporting authorities, and assist satellite providers/satellite vendors in identifying potential sources of satellite based interference.
- Track and assist in the resolution of link outages/degradations and track non-communications impacting interference to resolution.
- Proactively monitors satellite network connectivity with existing toolsets. Engage satellite network operation centers to resolve outages.
- Use Remedy ticketing system to track and report all SATCOM problems and incidents impacting satellite links and terminals. Perform trend analysis of Remedy tickets.
- Prepare presentations to brief CENTCOM leadership on pertinent SATCOM events and issues.
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action plans.
- Maintain and update various SATCOM interconnectivity network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Active Top Secret/SCI is required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- COMP TIA Sec + certification required.
- This position requires 0-10% OCONUS travel.
- Experience supporting customers' needs in large, medium, and small-scale operational environments and use all available resources.
- Knowledge of the USCENTCOM Area of Operations is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products like Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project is preferred.
- Working Knowledge of ITILv3 based Incident & Change management ticketing system like Remedy is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills in making the appropriate technical decisions.
My SAIC Benefits.