Job Title: Junior SQL Server DBA
Location: Highland Park OR Chicago IL (After 90 Days In Highland Park Office, Can Work in Chicago Office)
Salary: $80K-$85K + Benefits + 10% Bonus | 1-2 Years of SQL DBA Experience Is Acceptable
We are looking for a Jr SQL DBA who oversees all the databases and database servers in production and test environments to make sure they’re constantly running on optimum performance. This role also acts as a gate keeper to our production environments under DBA’s supervision.
- Maintain and monitor SQL Server Databases while maximizing availability of critical business data.
- Ensure corporate data is protected and backed up for safe guard.
- Make sure all servers are patched and the latest service pack has been applied to all the servers while maintaining an effective communication on Server Maintenance and build activities and issues.
- Assist all development teams’ members for deployment of new changes to production databases.
- Constant monitoring of SQL Server agent jobs to make sure they are completed on time. Or fixed if they fail.
Skills or abilities
- Strong communication skills. And willing to work in a team oriented structure.
- Develop TSQL Queries and TSQL based objects.
- Identify slow running queries in and performance tune those queries.
- Identify server’s hardware bottlenecks that could affect SQL Server’s performance.
- Identify shortcomings in SSIS packages performance, and address those issues.
- Work with database administrator to provide around the clock support.
- Willing to learn new technologies and new tools to better monitor/manage the environments.
- Create linked server between SQL servers and non SQL environments.
- Manage security on SQL Server database servers.
- Assist other teams with database design and creation.
- Created scripts to automate administrative tasks.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong knowledge in relational data management, SQL Server 2008, 2008R2 and 2012.
- Strong knowledge over SQL Server jobs and job maintenance.
- More than 1-year experience working and troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Strong knowledge on how SQL Server security works.
- SSRS knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum 4 yr. degree in Systems related field or 2 years’ experience as a DBA/Jr DBA.
- Microsoft SQL Server certification is a plus.