Verisign’s engineers form part of the foundation of the Internet. Every single day we strengthen, expand, and reinvent Verisign’s registration system for COM and NET domains, the largest namespaces in the world. At Verisign, we hire engineers who think creatively, innovate obsessively, and understand the fundamentals of technology in their field. Today, Verisign is solving unique engineering problems that no other company has faced. Because the world is counting on us to deliver tomorrow.
This engineering position will be part of an agile dev-test team responsible for designing, developing, and deploying some of the most visible, exciting, and challenging software on the Internet. Our software solutions are easy to use, scaleable, and highly performant. Engineers on the team will be called on to research components or technologies, present findings to the team, document software design, implement business logic, document a test strategy, write automated tests, demonstrate completed work to operations teams or product owners, and communicate with team members to improve our process and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have good social and communication skills, a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the Java Programming Language, and experience using Big Data technologies. As part of a highly performant agile team, engineers will participate effectively in daily stand-up meetings, weekly grooming sessions, and product demonstrations. Engineers will be expected to take ownership of product backlog items from design to deployment. Successful engineers will work closely with team members to become familiar with our software components, and make a positive impact on software projects as well as team chemistry.
Candidates with a Github repository are strongly encouraged to include on their resume a link to their repository when applying.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant academic or professional experience
- Meaningful, hands-on experience with Java through academic, personal or professional projects
- Experience with Linux or Unix.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Python, Unix Shell, or others.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and Cassandra
- Experience with test automation tools and strategies
: United States-Washington D.C. Metro-Virginia-Reston