Resp & Qualifications
• Work under the direction of the senior technical staff to creates & maintain the software system components using state of the art technologies.
• Learn new cutting edge technologies and apply them to solve business problems.
• Learn the existing technologies in use, system architecture, design and processes to support the enhancement and maintenance of existing systems.
• Work in collaboration with Business Analysts to understand the business requirements and provide the technical solution to meet the requirements.
• Document the technical design and unit tests plans.
• Develop and execute the manual & automated unit tests and document the results.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager and/or Technical Lead the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs coding and testing on complex revisions to applications, and creates efficient and maintainable new applications with cutting-edge technologies. Utilizes object oriented language or integration tools to enhance the functionality in the existing applications.
- Spend sufficent time in understanding the SDLC and technologies being used
- Seek out the necessary help and guidence from the senior technical staff and spend sufficent time in understanding the SDLC, technical system architecture and technologies being used. Gain business domain knowledge and understanding of the functionality offered by the various systems.
- Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, research, projects and so on
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science. Candidates should have sound understanding of the Object Oriented Concepts, Data Structures and programing Algorithyms. Candidates should have experience and/or in-depth knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, or Microsoft SQL Server. A quick learner and a self starter.Abilities/Skills:
Candidates should have good inter-presonal skills and willingness to work with team. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction). This position will require strong software engineering concepts and analytical (i.e. analysing requirements and come up with technical solution) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.Preferred:
- Hands on experience OR knowledge with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
- Basic trouble shooting skill set
- Hands on experience OR knowlege with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
Consumer ToolEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 11/20/2019Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship