Vicom Computer Services, Inc is seeking a Junior Solution Architect with Java Knowledge for contract to hire role with one of our major customers in Newark, NJ.
1. Design Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime and operations architectures
2. Define solutions using CQRS (Command and Query Responsibility Segregation) and messaging patterns with cloud-based services
3. Define and delivering integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including agile techniques and scrum process
4. Design API, Message and Event-Driven Architectures
5. Build multi-channel client architectures that provide differentiated end-user experiences by leveraging mobile platforms, such as smart phones, and other personal computing devices.
6. Creating and transforming applications into cloud-based solutions
7. Provide direction for IT groups regarding aligning their use, storage and management of data assets to overall enterprise strategy
8. Conduct analysis of high-level data needs
9. Creating and maintaining the data strategy & roadmap
10. Conduct a current state data capability assessment, with high-level data gap analysis
11. Conduct interviews with stakeholders, business leadership and business domain specialists to gather high-level future data and analytic needs
12. Create delivery sequence, high-level schedule, resource plan, and cost estimates for roadmap
13. Build plan for initial project on roadmap, and create a task-level project plan with resource and cost estimates
14. Works closely with EA resources and IT partners to ensure commitments can be met and to timely produce key deliverables.
15. Develops, maintains and governs the Architecture Review Council, in collaboration with and oversight from stakeholders in the Architecture Review Board (ARB). Leverages principles, standards, guidelines, and industry best practices to consistently and uniformly facilitate and govern technology related decisions and work that impacts Client’s IT portfolio.
16. Exercises judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering software that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities.
17. Builds strong strategic relationships with IT Executives and Business leaders.
18. Participates and leads customer meetings as necessary.
19. Provides review of Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirements Documents (FRDs) and Technical Review Documents (TRDs) for approved projects.
20. Builds and communicates the value proposition of the end-to-end solution to executives.
21. Leads and guides business partners in the analysis, selection and implementation of technology and services.
22. Manages work in accordance with Horizon ePMO, SDLC, and release management processes.
23. Performs Solution Architect responsibilities as needed as requested by the EA Director and the Vendor Service Delivery Manager.
24. Participates on internal projects as required.