Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities over the coming three years while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.Job Summary
A System Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: technical planning; design, development, and integration; system requirements analysis and data flow analysis; hardware/software/network design and implementation; verification and validation testing; and interface definition. Assigned tasks may include analyzing user requirements and system requirements specifications, completing system design documentation, defining engineering procedures, supporting risk assessment and/or system development and implementation planning. The selected individual will support the development of system configuration documentation, and will participate in the analyses of alternatives for system related issues and concerns.Primary Responsibilities
The selected individual will provide system engineering support for large-scale systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. He/she will collaborate with other program technical professionals on a day-to-day basis and will be an active participant in program increment planning and related agile team activities.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 2 years of related experience or a Master's Degree.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must be familiar with secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be comfortable working both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Past experience using model based system engineering a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience or familiarity with one or more of the following: technical documentation development; Test Driven Development (TDD) experience; experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework; CAMEO; SysML.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range:
Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.