Description Job Description:
Leidos is seeking a Junior Systems Administrator on a Cyber Security Center contract. The candidate will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment. The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program. The Junior Systems Administrator will be responsible for O & M along with Engineering tasking.
The candidate will maintain the following experience: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7\8 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2\2016\2019, and later, BigFix patch management, Active Directory, Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Internet Information Services (IIS), OpenSSL, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server, Windows 10, secure network architectures, hardware procurement/maintenance, system/network management tools, and backup solutions.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for system upgrades, technical refreshes, or new builds per requirements set by the Project Management staff or Team Lead
- Be a technical resource for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide critical incident response & problem management including root cause of system problems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, supporting the Government with information and advice on the necessary correction actions and/or interim workarounds.
- Provide onsite architectural and design, support, development and administration.
- Maintain knowledge of virtualization platforms, such as VMware vSphere, Red Hat Virtualization, Openstack, Docker Containers, etc.
- Respond to and troubleshoot Linux systems in a fast paced environment.
- Provide Disaster Recovery recommendations/support for a Primary and Secondary site configuration
- Provide documentation support for designs, implementations, configurations, knowledge base articles
- Assist with Operations and Maintenance duties of backups, application maintenance, and OS patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Must be able to configure and manage Linux and Windows operating systems and install/load operating systems software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide technical support to end-user issues regarding desktop problems and/or server administration
- Configure user access, end-user applications, and assist with other duties, as requested
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Provide on-call support for mission critical systems (rotational on-call)
- Develop detailed documentation to describe OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Develop, configure Monitor & maintain Active Directory (AD) structure to ensure high availability and data consistency for AD objects, users, groups & organizational units; ensure AD is available for various authentication services used by users and/or equipment
- Develop standard guideline on configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player
- BS degree and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience.
- 1-2+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies.
- 1-2+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
- Experience with various operating systems (windows server, RHEL), patch management, and Active Directory
- Experience designing, implementing and configuring systems infrastructure
- Experience providing O&M support to complex, mission-critical systems
- Experience working independently and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Experience working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Must be able to support the daily maintenance, configuration, and security servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Experience configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- Dell PowerEdge R940 servers & iDRAC
- Active Directory (AD), AD Certificate Services
- VMware Knowledge
- vSphere 5.x/6.x
- Site Recovery Manager
- vSphere Replication
- vCenter/Platform Services Controller
- Knowledge of RHEL 6/7/8
- Knowledge of Redhat Satellite 5.x/6.x
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities.
Job TypeWork LocationClearance:
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Security+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye )
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting positionPay Range: