Solers, a Peraton Company, is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the systems engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you’ll do…
- Build software intensive systems in a team-oriented environment.
- Specify, design, integrate, test, configure, deploy, train, and document distributed information/knowledge management systems with developmental components from multiple vendors for world-wide distributed information dissemination, communications, intelligence, and command and control systems.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You hold an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field.
- You have previous experience working with Linux-based operating systems, virtualization technologies, scripting languages for task automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- You have system integration and testing, and system configuration of networked services, file systems, and authentication experience.
- You have excellent oral and written communications skills.
It would be even better if you…
- Have experience in designing, developing, and integrating a complete satellite ground system to include infrastructure, processing frameworks, and software components.
- Have familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation, and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
- Have experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Have experience with distributed computing technologies.
- Have experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare).
- Have experience with front end processing and network gateway appliances and /or software.
- Have experience deploying information systems in Amazon Web Services.
- Have experience working in a customer environment and/or a classified military environment.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you’ll work…
Why Solers, A Peraton Company:
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.