The Senior K8S Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Kubernetes infrastructure supporting both Production and internal environments hosted in our Private Cloud and supporting our new SaaS product offerings. The engineer will design, plan and implement optimal and resilient Kubernetes clusters including appropriate automated deployments, security, performance, resilience and monitoring. Kubernetes is the central infrastructure of our technology stack and critical to the uptime and performance of our applications.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain K8S infrastructure to support the live and internal environments, including security, HA & DR.
- Design and implement thorough metrics collection, monitoring and alerting in collaboration with the Cloud team.
- Collaborate with DevOps and our Private Cloud team to ensure optimal uptime, performance, scalability and deployments all with an Automated focus through CI/CD.
- Investigate performance issues alongside Product Support, DB and Development teams through to resolution.
- Work closely with Development/Architecture to ensure the cluster design and resources allocated are optimal for the workload.
- Build solid automation to dynamically scale the cluster when required
- Provide mentoring and significant training to other members of the technology team.
Your Experience & Values
- Solid commercial experience designing and implementing K8S and containerization technologies in a highly transactional platform
- Managing cluster deployments using automation (e.g. Gitlab, Helm, Ansible)
- Building/implementing monitoring tools and ultimately automation to dynamically scale the environments (e.g. Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana)
- Strong understating of Linux (CentOS preferred)
- Understanding of MongoDB, Kafka & ELK a significant advantage
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Ability to identify processes that can be automated throughout CI/CD and willingness to investigate/solve the challenges
- Strong and clear communication skills
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science