Our Atlanta office has an opportunity for an experienced KM Client Solutions Project Analyst to join the firm’s Knowledge Management Department. The primary role of the KM Client Solutions (KMCS) Project Analyst is to support all activities related to KMCS’s capital and operational projects. In providing such support, the Project Analyst is expected to take ownership of the role and its responsibilities; be a key contributor and facilitator; produce high-quality, substantive work product; and actively engage in the continuous improvement of the team’s products, services, and processes. The KMCS Project Analyst works closely with other members of the KMCS team, the KM Project Manager, software developers, project stakeholders (internal and external), other firm personnel, and vendors to complete all project-related activities and to help ensure project success. The KMCS Project Analyst also serves as a primary Subject Matter Expert for KMCS projects, products, services, and processes and assists with KMCS operational activities as needed. This position may also sit in one of our other national locations.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and analyze business needs, and prepare business case documentation for proposed projects
- Work with stakeholders to gather, define, document, and manage both detailed and summary requirements, including data migration and business rules; obtain sign-off; and recommend solutions that deliver value
- Facilitate/participate in design sessions, and create wireframes and other deliverables to expedite the development of custom software applications/components and to ensure alignment between defined requirements and development approach
- Work closely with the KM Project Manager to create and maintain project-related documentation, and assist with related project management activities such as project planning, budgeting, and monitoring
- Lead use-case development, testing, and training efforts
- Research and identify potential vendors based on project requirements, and help coordinate and manage activities of selected vendors
- Research and identify potential technologies/tools to fulfill project requirements
- Prepare and send project-related communications and reports
- Track, analyze, and report on product usage, performance, and other metrics
- Assist with other KMFS operational activities as needed, and perform other duties as assigned
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert regarding projects and related products
- Promote the KM department’s vision of helping Ogletree Deakins be the world’s premier labor and employment law firm by being the world’s premier knowledge-sharing law firm
- Promote the KM department’s mission to improve the practice of law and business of the firm by: connecting our people with each other and our clients; connecting our people with information and our collective knowledge; and developing innovative processes, procedures, and systems to make those connections and promote knowledge sharing
- Promote, and be guided by, the KM department’s principles: (1) align KM goals and strategies with the firm’s goals and strategies; (2) change as the needs of the firm and the needs of our clients change; (3) promote quality, consistency, and efficiency of work product; (4) provide the right information to the right people at the right time; (5) people first, then process, then technology; (6) communicate simply and often
- Promote and help develop the firm’s knowledge-sharing culture and increase value to the firm's clients by (1) providing simple access to firm-wide information and experience; (2) enabling lawyers to work more efficiently; (3) ensuring quality and consistency of work product
- Four-year college/university degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a law firm, preferably in a KM role, is desirable
- Experience with/knowledge of SharePoint, iManage/Interwoven/Autonomy Document Management System (including FileSite), and other systems commonly used in law firms strongly recommended
- Experience with User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) design preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with an unwavering “can-do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively to all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage/coordinate multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly; must be proficient in the applications listed in the “Required Competencies” section below
- Proven experience in key areas of software development and other technology-related projects, including but not limited to: business analysis, cost-benefit analysis, project management, solution design, development, implementation, and testing
- Understanding of systems-engineering concepts
- Ability to translate complex requirements and concepts into non-technical “layman’s terms”
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- High aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to adhere to firm policies and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
- High level of responsiveness; must be able to respond quickly and effectively to questions and requests from all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to interpret and follow through to completion, a variety of instructions
- Ability to self-start and take the appropriate initiative daily
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, occasionally for prolonged periods of time and under restrictive deadlines, and complete assignments logically and accurately
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through the APPLY NOW button on the top of the page.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to Megan Becker at email@example.com with “KM Firm Solutions Project Analyst” in the subject line.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for eight consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2019, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.