Job Title: Kafka Platform Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Location: Minneapolis, MN
As a Kafka Platform Engineer, you will participate in all aspects of the enterprise messaging platform development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients, taking direction from solution architects and Leads on development activities.
- Works closely with Tech Leads and developers of various teams to assess existing problems and to come up with process improvement solutions
- Identifies bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
- Participates in planning delivery time, code quality, and process efficiency improvement projects
- Executes on plan by building coding standardizations and automating processes for the organization
- Surveys developers and technical members of the organization to understand their main pain points in the coding and development process
- Collaborates with the rest of platform engineer/ developers team to deliver consistent and holistic solution to the organization
SKILLS AND EXPERICENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 7 years of programming experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Kafka platform experience
- Experience in open source Kafka, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry (Avro schemas)
- Experience with automation tools like provisioning using open shift, Kubernetes , Docker , Chef.
- Good knowledge in administration and operations of the Kafka platform like provisioning, access lists (Kerberos)
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations
- Experience in agile methodology such as sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Possesses working knowledge of two or more programming languages
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, and testing
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Passion for innovation and can do attitude
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Bachelor s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in java, .net, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Required - Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or closely related or equivalent
- Preferred - Master s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, or Analytics or equivalent
- Open to travel based up on the nature of the engagement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reliable Software employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.
2260 Haggerty Road, Suite#285, Northville, MI 48167.