SAIC is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Knowledge Manager / Management Specialist
professional to support a dynamic, exciting program.
Description / Duties
Under the guidance of the staff, the ideal candidate will devise a plan for research to improve discoverability of its research and development (R&D) data and insights. The ideal candidate will also help determine how to run technology experiments and development in a data environment so that data and documentation of internally generated insights are effectively captured. Assess the current state of data associated with internal research (information, repositories, artifacts, and relationships). Assess the ability to search repositories. Determine the type of data currently captured, provide insights into the data, assess what should be captured, and outline how to index it.
- Understand the population and current behaviors. Research business questions and customer requirements. Interview officers and units to determine what insights and artifacts matter for the organization and integration of the data collected; Determine ways to index, store, and search the data; Conduct user observation studies to capture obstacles to knowledge management.
- Assess informational elements (such as metadata and tagging) for capturing, marking, storing, searching, and accessing semi-structured information.
- Evaluate processes and device process mapping.
- Determine what documentation processes can be automated.
- Provide data research, cataloging, discovery, and management practices to capture, make discoverable, and share documentation
- Develop a structure and hierarchy for the categorization of the data.
- Assist with creation of data business rules and interface for project tracking.
- Work with various internal and external organizations on requirements to digitize and make searchable hard copy collections relevant for trade craft and research.
- Design the best method to capture and make discoverable efforts such as experimental and test data, project reports, and lessons learned.
- Help define a knowledge management workflow and environment.
- Help build and communicate an understanding of the value of various data in an organization.
- Help scope requirements for future data management and data exploitation efforts, including topic modeling.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent work experience in information science, information systems, library science, information management, human-computer interaction or related field. OR 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 14 years of comprehensive security experience.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical problem-solving skills and ability to create solutions, including improvements to capabilities or processes
- Demonstrated experience with User Experience, Design Thinking or Human-centered design processes; demonstrated on-the-job experience conducting design research preferred
- Familiarity with data structuring methods and search methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern cataloging practices
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively convey key points, translate technical topics for ease of understanding, and provide in-depth communications to a range of audiences in person or online
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to track and shepherd project studies, plans, and action items
- Superb people skills: networking, judgment, tact, collaboration and team-oriented behaviors
- Ability to occasionally travel to support domestic and other field locations.
My SAIC Benefits.