Job ID: 2119085 Location:
RESTON , VA , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Kubernetes Engineer/Architect Platforms (AWS/Azure) to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role you will help architect, design and build (must be hands on!) new capabilities for SAIC in AWS/Azure Kubernetes Environments. This position can be worked anywhere within the U.S.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, build & maintain large scale high performing, secure Kubernetes and other application platform infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Own the Infrastructure, APM and work with DevOps teams to Build, Release, Monitor and run the services to improve service reliably
- Work on config management / orchestration suite, know where it's broken, work towards fixing them and explore new alternatives
- Performance and maturity baselining of DevOps process, tools maturity & coverage, metrics, technology and engineering practices
- Define, Measure and improve Reliability Metrics, Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Ops process (Incident, Problem Management) and streamline - automate release management
- Be a subject matter expert, able to upskill / cross skill engineering teams on SRE principles, tools and execution
- Dev Ops, Debugging skills, experience in logging and monitoring solutions such as Elastic Search, Kibana, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch/Cloud Metrics, etc.
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and make migration recommendations and to-be architectures in AWS
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues
- Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
- Work independently or as part of a small team to build out automation AWS Deployment Manager or other like orchestration template technology in support of the managed services platform
- Write the required template documents, procedures or guides associate with the respective managed services
- Assist with the installation and configuration of a cloud management platform per the requirements of the respective services
- Write and implement the respective RBAC policies as required per the respective services
- Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support
- Design and develop the managed services release management capability for the platform
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Key Skills (To Have):
Qualifications Required Education and Experience:
- PowerShell 7 Scripting on Windows 10 for Interaction with Azure.
- CI/CD in GitLab & GitHub
- Daily use of Azure CLI and Azure Portal.
- Docker container registry connections and security with Azure ACR and Docker Registry
- Deploying Python and Node Applications via Helm and ACR.
- Docker Contexts Integration for Azure Container Instances.
- Advanced Docker Compose Deployments using Azure Container Instances.
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates deploying secure AKS Kubernetes Infrastructure.
- Crafting Custom Azure ARM Templates with Visual Studio Code for AKS and other resources.
- Fine detailed understanding of creating ARM templates from scratch.
- Multiple Complex build outs of secure infrastructure surrounding AKS Kubernetes clusters.
- Kubernetes Hardening and Security in Azure.
- Using Helm to create Python based Highly Available Canary & Blue/Green Deployments
- Install, Configure, Maintain & Secure Istio with Cloud based LoadBalancing & Policies
- Purpose Built Installation & Configuration Calico Network Policy Driven Kubernetes Networking
- Complex Local Development Configurations of GitBash, WSL2, VisualStudio Code, PowerShell
- Docker Desktop, Docker CLI, Docker Compose
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of technical professional experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional AWS experience or Azure experience
- At least one (1) Kubernetes certification (certification can also be obtained within the first six (6) months on the job)
- Must be a self-starter and be effective independently and as part of a team
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (e.g. Terraform, Python, Shell, Java, and JSON).
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS or Azure architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Most of the AWS/Azure EKS/AKS Platform Services including:
- Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (CLI, Deployment Manager, Cloud SDK, etc ...)
- Must be a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Taking ownership and acting with high sense of urgency, this job requires the individual to work like an entrepreneur
- Working with Microsoft AKS or GKE
- Basic Understanding of the Landing Zone Architecture
- Knowledge of Security side of the MSP (SCPs, Group Policies, Guardrails...etc)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.