Kubernetes Platform Engineer Work you'll do
Deloitte is looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to build and deliver an innovative, game-changing software factory platform that developers love to use
This role requires the following experiences and capabilities:
- Guide the application of common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, provisioning, and configuration management.
- complexity inherent with technology change.
- Participate in an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking, experimentation and cohesive team effort.
- Participate in initial work item assessments and road maps with a focus on agility and value-based customer outcomes.
- Interact with internal architecture and engineering AI/ML SMEs as well as client architecture and engineering team members to stay within guardrails, principles and technical platform constraints.
- Be the champion for software, platform and delivery quality, provide guidance and examples of a test-first software delivery culture with meaningful CI/CD feedback loops.
- AWS/Azure Professional Certifications
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) / Developer (CKD) / Security (CKS)
- vSphere with Tanzu 2021 specialist badge holder
- Familiarity with IL5 and IL6 deployment and security processes
- Ability to effectively communicate issues with the client, team members, team leads and/or project management
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Qualifications
How you'll grow
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR other degree holder with 4+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 3+ years of hands-on Kubernetes experience (experience with Tanzu is a plus)
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multiple programming languages (Python and GO preferred). A coding challenge will be administered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.