LABORATORY INFORMATION SYSTEMS PRODUCT MANAGER FOR EPIC BEAKER
Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative team-oriented environment and contributes to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our Clinical Ancillary Systems team consists of skilled IT healthcare talent that has experience in implementing, supporting and upgrading many clinical applications that provide critical information for diagnosing and treating patients. These include, but are not limited to: Radiology Information Systems (RIS) EPIC Radiant, Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) EPIC Beaker, Cardiovascular Information Systems (CVIS) EPIC Cupid, Picture Archive and Communication Systems (PACS) and many others that help Montefiore effectively share information and provide high-quality care. The technical team is comprised of 40+ people at various levels in Application Analyst, Team Lead, Technical Lead and Manager positions. Together, they are focused on supporting the way we share patient information across clinical providers and business systems users, with the goal of making each patient-s experience seamless and patient-centered.
We are seeking a Product Manager for our Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) team. The Product Manager is responsible for working with the Pathology Department on the design and delivery of Epic-Beaker product solutions and ensuring that the product meets the needs of the client. The Product Manager develops project work plans, work breakdown structures and schedules and ensures projects are consistent with the overall customer objectives and strategic plans. The Product Manager interfaces with the client to understand the business or clinical function being supported and provides perspective on common challenges and strategies for success. The Product Manager motivates, guides, and leads an implementation team. The Product Manager develops and maintains strong working relationships with key stakeholders and communicates regularly with clients.
- Manage a team of professionals engaged in providing Epic-Beaker services.
- Regularly speak with clients to address and troubleshoot high-level issues and work with Client Executive and end users to establish priorities.
- With Client Executive leadership, Evaluate requests for new systems, processes, enhancements, or other opportunities and suggest alternatives if necessary.
- Develop work estimates by gaining an understanding of the client-s business needs and objectives while knowing the capabilities and limitations of the application, system and team.
- Manage product requests, reviews requirements and specifications, and work closely with technical teams and end-users to prioritize appropriately.
- Plan the work, delegate effectively and follow up with staff, providing support and guidance, managing projects over a wide range of size, complexity and scope.
- Interface and work with other departments to identify and resolve issues regarding coordinated efforts to deliver client solutions. Allocate team resources to other departments as needed.
- Oversee the documentation of user requirements and workflow.
- Understand the overall application systems development lifecycle.
- Estimate level of effort for application development activities and writing proposals for work.
- Responsible for resource allocation within his/her product group, managing assignments, and overseeing work for new implementations (new system roll-out or new functionality) and maintenance/support of products.
- Evaluate the team and its members- level of performance, to provide performance management.
- Mentor and identify training needs for team members, ensuring professional development and superior technical expertise, and recommend promotions.
- Contribute to the development of scope documents for existing clients, new clients, and prospective clients within area of product knowledge.
- Communicate regularly with others in the organization that may be affected or need to provide input for a successful integration.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of product solutions, ensuring that the end product meets the intended needs of the client. Work closely with other teams within the company in order to achieve this.
- Ensure that changes, modifications, and implementations do not affect product performance or other applications and systems.
- Ensure systems are performing at satisfactory levels in order to maintain clients- clinical and business processes.
- Participate in all system go-lives under his/her responsibility. Coordinates with Project Managers responsible for implementations as well as other Product Managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor-s degree or equivalent experience; medical laboratory technology (MT or MLT) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, motivation and rewards
- LIS experience; experience with Beaker is a plus
- Strong knowledge of laboratory workflows; Laboratory experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing an implementation team
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in a healthcare setting
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong desktop skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Ability to motivate team members
- Ability to match team member skills to team responsibilities
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, Yonkers Shift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
99897 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LI-SC1-REDIRECT; SF-DICE-MIT; SF-MIT
Posted Date: Sat, 04 05 2019 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Montefiore Information Technology