Please note that this is a 3+ months contract position.
This is a temp to perm position.
The main function of a systems administrator is to install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet system or a segment of a network system. A typical systems administrator is responsible for monitoring network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
• Configure, monitor and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software as it related to LAN/WAN.
Security+ certification required
Associate's degree in computer related field required. Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred.
2 years experience required.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A807.