LAN/WAN ADMINISTRATOR GREATER MEMPHIS AREA - PERM POSITION
An excellent company located in a beautiful area Greater Memphis is seeking a LAN/WAN Administrator. This is full-time perm position offering opportunity, benefits, and working with a great team. Please review the description below.
- Two-year degree and two years experience or a combination of four experience and certifications with networking and telecommunication technologies in an Internet environment including experience working with URL Filtering software or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid working knowledge of network and routing protocols (EIGRP,BGP), VPN site to site and end point, Point to Point Protocol (PPP), traffic management, Firewalls, load balancers, Cisco ISE, Meraki, Cisco router switches, Cisco Prime wireless management, wireless controllers, ForcePoint web filter, OpenDNS
- Knowledge of enterprise operating procedures and policies as they relate to wireless, and other enterprise technical systems.
- Working knowledge of Internet Information server, and network firewalls.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks.
- Installs networking hardware and software, and manages the day-to-day administrative activities associated with the Internet, Intranet, local area network, wide area network and connection to all of the above via MPLS, Wireless, broadband and dial up connectivity.
- Trains personnel in the functions of installed wireless equipment including special procedures and problem determination and solution processes.
- Investigates and tracks security incidents that have occurred within the network.
- Monitors the security protocols and identifies areas where there are lapses in the existing security policies of the enterprise.
- Coordinates activities with the Disaster Recovery Coordinator to ensure the continued operation of network and wireless devices in the case of a disaster.
- Participates with vendors in the assessment of advanced enterprise operating systems and new wireless enterprise systems technology.
- Maintains documentation concerning wireless software and network systems.
- Provides networking assistance and support to users, including help with wired and wireless network connections and passwords.
- Researches and implements security and firewall strategies.
- Develops network and host security policies for the Internet Servers.
- Monitors Internet network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Meets with the hardware groups to allocate server resources and installs and supports new web servers.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Please send your resume to:
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit