About CenturyLinkCenturyLink (NYSE: CTL)
is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
The Security Products and Intelligence team at CenturyLink builds all of the technology for the security products we deliver to our customers. This includes helping to track active threats across the internet, proactively block them, and provide the detailed analytics that help with future prevention. The teams that design and build this technology need your help to coordinate and plan their upcoming work and be sure CenturyLink can most effectively bring these capabilities in to the hands of our customers.
The right candidate for this job will be just as comfortable talking with VPs across business units and explaining business impacts as tearing apart software designs and decomposing features. The Technical Program Manager for our team will own our roadmap, and have the responsibility to ensure work is planned down to the sprint level. This will help us to accelerate our work and maximize the impact our technology has on stopping threats for our customers.Job Description
- Collaborating with directors, and leads within the PMO and across groups.
- Synthesize disparate information into clear recommendations, actions and decisions.
- Provides technical direction to engineering projects and services in an assigned area, from design to start-up.
- Lead to ensure that the project is on schedule, is high quality, is within budget, and meets the measures of success (MOS) and the high-level achievements (HLA).
- Oversee and mitigate risks across technical functional lanes to ensure that project meets agreed upon MOS and HLAs.
- Lead and maintain client/stakeholder partnership to ensure overall satisfaction.
- Responsible for resource requirements/allocation.
- Develops methodologies, procedures, and systems to produce financial reporting.
- Acts as project team leader.
- Maintain knowledge in several of the following: technical architecture and solution creation, software development lifecycle management software testing methodology, production deployment, development, and requirements management.
- Experience coordinating work across technology teams
- Knowledge of software design and architecture
- Comfortable leading a team without direct line management responsibility
- An ability to drive results in a collaborative manner
- Strong written and organizational skills
- A natural driver of work, always seeking more throughput and efficiency
- Great communication skills
- Experience with Agile, Kanban, SAFe or other modern development methodologies
- Direct experience as a TPM or Scrum Master
- Experience in the managed security services market
- Knowledge of IT systems architecture
- Experience in a product development oriented organization
- Comfortable with making business decisions and defending them to outside teams
US-Colorado-Broomfield Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.