Careers with LHI.
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post - offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
Working Schedule: This is a full-time position that supports 24x7 coverage; the work schedule will be either 1st or 2nd shift and include at least one weekend day per week. Primary Responsibilities:
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to Help Desk requests via phone calls or e - mails in a 24 / 7 environment
- Set up and maintain hardware and software including computers, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, and projectors
- Educate end - users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
- Act as front end support for all incoming technical issues, and gather accurate data related to the incidents reported by end users. Test the given information for validity and accuracy. Escalate complex issues and non - IT related problems to the appropriate department
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines
- Provide direct first line support in the testing and deployment of new policies and systems
- Monitor stock levels of hardware and submit request for equipment when needed
- Front Desk duties to include helping walk ins, recording receipts of computer equipment
- Provide on - site technical support for video conference software and hardware
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
- Maintain a working inventory of most used items for desktop support. Inventory and request items as needed to maintain effective amounts
- While being a part of a fast paced team, you'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Associates Degree + 6 months experience in a desktop support environment, OR 2 years work/military experience in an IT field with a High School Diploma / GED
- 6+ months experience/working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to assist end - users with technical assistance for hardware and software
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following the submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Ability and willingness to work 1st or 2nd shift hours and at least one weekend day per week
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technical support, Helpdesk, OptumServe, troubleshoot, hardware, software, #RPO