Clover Consulting has a large, direct client in the Lansing, MI area in need of a LIMS Business Analyst/Project Manager for a 6+ month contract to hire opportunity.
Other possible locations include:
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Baltimore, MD
- Canton, MA
- Minimum 7 years experience as business analyst or combination business analyst and project management
- Minimum 3 years recent business analyst experience engaged in implementing lab and quality control systems in a life science, validated environment; with solutions such as LIMS, chromatography data and lab notebook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Business Analysis and Reporting
- Responsible for understanding lab informatics and quality control business requirements to work effectively with business owners to define and translate business requirements into user or functional specifications and design mockups.
- Act as the liaison between the business owner and the implementation vendor or internal technical team for system implementation
- Assist business owners in assessing the feasibility of technical or process solutions to meet business needs
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their technology plans
- Review technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Understands technical design specifications. Defines test conditions, develops accurate and complete test plans and conducts/coordinates testing according to plan.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according IT standards
- Ensures that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management process
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing
- Coordinates groups of business personnel who test, evaluate and validate new applications
- Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by understanding how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects
Qualified candidates please apply with resume and contact details. NO CALLS PLEASE!