Process Development Associate Opening in Cambridge, MA! Position:
Process Development Associate Location:
Cambridge, MA Rate:
1 yearPosition Description:
This biotechnology company is dedicated to solving the world's most challenging biomedical problems through the continuous development and investment in cutting edge technology and large-scale research projects that are both challenging and complex.
In support of continually changing initiatives, the Process Development Associate I is committed to carrying out innovative, high-throughput lab processes and supporting the highest quality research to realize the full promise of genomic medicine. Process Development Associates are responsible for processing samples through a high throughput DNA sequencing and genotyping laboratory and to meet production goals. In addition to standard production processes, this position will require individuals to investigate alternative solutions and troubleshoot processes as needed.
The position will be part of the diagnostic testing team. This position is for the day or overnight shift and will require weekend availability. This schedule consists of a 12 hour shift, utilizing a 3 days on, 3 days off rotation. Responsibilities may include data accessioning, RNA extraction and qPCR. Requirements:
Additional Requirements: **IF THIS APPLIES TO THE JOB**
- BS degree in Biology or closely related discipline required. Please be prepared to provide a copy of the diploma and transcripts upon request.
- Working, solid knowledge of primary biological science principles required.
- Recent (within the last year) undergraduate or entry level laboratory experience with the use of standard lab equipment such as pipettes and centrifuges required; experience with automation preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with human samples
- Experience with RNA extraction preferred
- Experience with qPCR preferred
- Data accessioning experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability, and innovation aptitude required.
- Some experience with statistical analysis is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, databases, and working in a Windows/Mac environment required.
- Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team required.
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense security clearance as a condition of employmentAdditional Benefits:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit! Perks:
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com