Strong background in optical measurements and data analysis. Experience using Python, Matlab, or similar for lab equipment control, data collection, and data analysis; Hands-on experience with optical lab equipment (Power meters, spectrometers, cameras/detectors, oscilloscopes, optical tables, etc.); Experience with display technologies is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; solid teamwork. Experience with keynote presentation is a plus
• Develop R&D lab characterization plan to support new optical sensor architecture and design.
• Benchmark optical sensor performance from early prototype to product launch.
• Ability to run and execute Python and Matlab scripts for testing and reporting
• Optical sensor design and lab validation.
• Lead end-to-end new lab test hardware/software design and development.
• Provide guidance and recommendation to production line testing requirements
• Analyze data to draw conclusions, enhance product design/manufacturability, and drive FA.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions
• Deliver presentations of results in regular review with cross-functional teams
Education: Degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. B.S./M.S. and industry experience, or Ph.D.
Submit resume to
Duration: 6 Months + (Onsite)
Location: Cupertino, CA
OSI Engineering is a leading talent acquisition and services company, building powerful IT and Engineering development teams to meet speed-to-market demands across the US. We develop, implement and manage workforce solutions through every stage of the product lifecycle, from early application development through final production, delivering the highest-level technology professionals. Our capabilities include technical staff augmentation, managed service programs and resource planning solutions.
With over 20 years of experience, OSI’s technical expertise spans the software stack from the firmware layer up to the user interface. We deliver dynamic and diverse teams for IT Services, Networking Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Big Data, Mobile Hardware and Applications, Internet of Things (IoT), Connected Car, Enterprise Information Security and Data Science. Our quality-focused approach to talent acquisition and services helps our clients successfully launch their concepts and products that change the world.