At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace System (NGAS) is seeking a Laboratory Design Engineer5 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals working on high priority strategic projects in Redondo Beach, CA.
Plan, design, coordinate and supervise the creation of a new or modified System Integration Laboratory (SIL) facility for aerospace programs. Perform laboratory facility design, including laboratory floor layouts, test hardware, test software, test stations, test sets, and network architectures. Support proposals with technical writing and cost estimation. Develop and document hardware and software security requirements. Supervise laboratory integration and check-out. Procurement of laboratory hardware, software and network equipment. Perform real-time aerospace simulation, mission systems modeling and simulation, and visualization of data. Near-real-time execution of mission models using interconnected Virtual Machines (VM).
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) major with 9 years of related experience. 7 years with Masters in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Must have experience in laboratory facility design including one or more of the following:laboratory floor layouts, test hardware, test software, test stations, test sets, and network architectures.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Proposal technical writing and costs estimation support
- Project planning: IMP, IMS, staffing, etc.
- Hardware/software requirements documents writing
- Hardware/software security requirements writing
- Laboratory hardware/software/network procurement
- Supervision of laboratory integration and check-out
- Software experience:
- Real-time aerospace simulation
- Real-time mission systems modeling & simulation
- Near-real-time execution of mission models using interconnected Virtual Machines (VM)
- Real-time visualization of data
- Data Acquisition and Analysis
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.