At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Laboratory Systems Test Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.Roles and Responsibilities:
Laboratory System Test Engineer synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition including developing derived requirements as needed to test the system
- Develop test equipment and simulation requirements
- Support Systems engineering to develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices
- Develop Test Planning Detail Sheets
- Develop Test Plans and Detailed Procedures
- Support Test Equipment Checkout and System Integration
- Support Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter
- Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for the subsystem under test
- Perform technical interactions with the system test team to ensure system requirements are being verified
Meleng; Sfwas, syseng; Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2+ years Relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret level clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access prior to commencement of employment
- Experience in several of the following areas is required: air vehicle lab testing, flight controls testing in lab environment, leadership experience; systems development experience; knowledge of architectures, Mission Systems, Mission Planning, Communications, Data links, Computer networks, Sensors, Avionics, COTS hardware, Integration, and/or Test.
- Experience testing manned or unmanned aircraft (via labs, ground or flight testing) or similar system test experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of automated software testing methodologies and processes
- Demonstrated ability to meet very short deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead timely resolution of technical issues by leveraging the appropriate mix of resources.
- Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS®, ViTech CORE, Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO®, CPLM, and Automated Testing (Python, C++, Java).
- Lab Test experience with air vehicle testing, Failure Modes and Effects (FMET), vehicle management system testing, fuel, flight controls testing, or actuator testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.