THE SCRUM MASTER ROLE IS OPEN W2 or C2C CANDIDATES ALL CANDIDATE MUST INTERVIEW ONSITE AFTER THE INITIAL PHONE SCREEN, NO EXCEPTIONS, THIS IS A 12 MONTH + CONTRACT. IF YOU ARE A SCRUM MASTER WHO HAS ALSO DONE AGILE COACHING ON THE ENTERPRISE LEVEL THEN I WANT TO SPEAK WITH YOU!! MUST HAVE OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS 9/10 ONLY
DO NOT WANT candidates who are much more Project Manager than Scrum Master
Agile MUST be all over resume
True Scrum Masters resumes speak of Product much more than Project- MUST BE ON RESUME
Scrum Masters must have owned the full Product Life Cycle – MUST BE ON RESUME
Scrum master are facilitators - MUST BE ON RESUME
If this information does not appear on your resume you will be disqualified
The Scrum Master’s job is to deliver maximum value to the customer. The Scrum Master facilitates scrum ceremonies and supports the team in following the Scrum framework. The Scrum Master may also handle traditional project management duties including: scope definition, staffing, communication of status to clients and partners, budget oversight and risk/issue management.
- Strongly serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices & values
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization, coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team.
-Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
-Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified work with team to develop corrective actions. ---Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, resourcing and financials.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution and all scrum ceremonies
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining(aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
-Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
-Work with technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise.
-Guide project team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum and sprint review meetings. Facilitate retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts.
-Limit the external interference the team must deal with.
Qualifications and Required Skills/Experience:
- Degree - information technology or business or related field.
- Must have First level Scrum Master certification (CSM ) (PSM), PMI-ACP
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a Scrum team.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
-Exceptional people skills. Comfortable working with a diverse group of people and serve as arbitrator when conflicts arise.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Nexus, LeSS, SAFe, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration,
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, or equivalent
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Understanding of financial controls needed in project management and consulting work
- In depth understanding of how to scope and estimate work. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- PMI-PMP, and CSPO or equivalent preferred
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)