First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
This Individual will be responsible for leading QA team for various BSA/AML projects including development of QA strategy, resource estimates, test plans, test cases and test data, managing test execution, status reporting and provide QA support for Projects. The QA Lead will apply proven analytical, technical and problem-solving skills to provide quality assurance procedures to validate Datawarehouse and ETL logics, Risk based application and tools, SDLC processes (Waterfall and Agile/Scrum).
* Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
* Work effectively with Test Manager, Business SMEs and other Key Stakeholders.
* Design, build and manage testing frameworks and test content for the entire application stack.
* Define key metrics for performance and quality, and instrument the product in order to continually improve on these metrics.
* Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the performance and scalability characteristics of the product.
* Conduct reviews and obtain approvals with the key stakeholders.
* Develop test strategy and plan including data build plan including task schedules and resource assignments.
* Completion of Test execution and deliverables.
* Review project requirements and define the test strategy.
* Ensure that testers evaluate discrepancies between expected results and actual results of test execution.
* Log defects in Defect tracking tool and well versed with Defect Management system.
* Provide dashboard reporting and trend analysis.
* Provide data build and test execution status reporting.
* Collaborate with other test leads to help develop and improve existing test methodology and processes.
* Coordinate test data conditioning.
* Escalate testing issues to QA Test Manager.
* Maintain Requirements Traceability Document.
* Other testing duties as assigned.
* Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, engineering or related field required.
* Minimum of 6-7 years of experience leading IT projects.
* 8-10 years' experience required in QA with at least 5 years' as QA Lead and ETL expertise.
* 5+ years' QA with emphasis on deconstructing business requirements, writing test plans scripts.
* Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems.
* Extensive SQL experience is a must. ETL/DW experience highly desired.
* Experience with end-to-end software system testing required.
* Experience with databases like Microsoft SQL Server is needed.
* Ability to estimate test schedule and report on test progress.
* Ability to lead and take ownership of testing.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
* Partner with cross-functional teams to seek inputs on process improvements and improve re-use of test assets.
* Meet with department heads, managers, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
* Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes.
* Lead and manage a small team of engineers through project life cycle.
* Defines, documents Quality Assurance testing processes, best practices and test governance.
* Must be able to resolve conflict through negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
* Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
* Knowledge of TFS Tool is a plus.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Department: Information Services