Lead ABAP Developer
Primary Location – Niles, Illinois
V-Soft Consulting is an end-to-end recruiting and staffing solution provider known for our ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale.
What makes us different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia. V-Soft is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
V-Soft Consulting is currently seeking a Lead ABAP Developer for our premier client in Niles, Illinois. This is a full-time, direct hire position in the manufacturing industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Technical Requirements and Certifications »
- Expertise in Object Oriented ABAP, ALE/IDOCs, BAPIs, Enhancement Framework, Forms and interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services
- Clear and concise communication skills, strong problem-solving skills and technical expertise in the SAP ABAP Development platform
- Knowledge of ITS, Barcode and label printing would be an additional benefit
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC (key modules like SD, MM, PP, FICO), BW. Exposure to APO, DMS, PLM and WCEM is a plus
- Exposure to ASAP methodology preferred.
Education and Experience »
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience as a SAP ABAP developer in various roles, with at least 4+ years of that in implementation projects
- Experience with CRM Development frameworks like GenIL, AET and BOL
- Experience in RFC, File, XML and related programming techniques in SAP.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities »
- Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability of working on complex assignments
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Determines methods on new assignments and (provide guidance to other personnel).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Participates in project blueprint workshops to support requirement gathering, fit gap analysis and preparation of solution alternatives with effort estimates, impact considerations across applications and processes and recommendation with the appropriate pro/con analysis
- Collaborates with the functional analysts/leads globally to design, build and test a variety of SAP objects including reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancements, forms and workflows
- Translates requirements and functional specifications into technical solutions (specifications, tested code, and technical documentation)
- Proactively supports performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensures technical solutions meet the performance guidelines and standards
- Supports the study and recommendation of new and existing technologies / features
- Reviews and proposes appropriate updates to the development standards, conducts design and code reviews, ensures adherence to the established standards and SDLC best practices by the development team and prepares the necessary quality metrics
- Independently leads and manages a medium to large global-sized projects utilizing Shure methodology for development deliverables
- Manages the development team’s progress to plan, resolves key barriers, and escalates issues when required
- Provides leadership and direction to the development team on priorities, work schedules and assignments in a project setting in consultation with the Sr. Manager, Basis Operations, Security and Development
- Proactively monitors and supports the production landscape to address issues in a timely fashion
- Understands the development life cycle both from a project/process perspective and technically to ensure the proposed solutions are sustainable, maintainable and meet the customer expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
V-Soft Consulting Group is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. Known as an agile innovative technology services company, we were recently rewarded the Large Business of the Year award from Louisville Business First and were recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.