The Lead O365 and Microsoft Exchange Administrator has overall responsibility for management, configuration and support of the Exchange email, messaging and mobility environments at SSM.
The technical lead is responsible for guiding a team of administrators tasked with designing, implementing, configuring, supporting and maintaining the optimal performance of SSM’s email, mobility, and enterprise faxing solutions.
The technical lead will direct and oversee day to day operations, messaging and mobility related projects, and technology refreshes and upgrades through implementation of standards, repeatable processes and quality measures. Models and cultivates SSM and IHT culture, values and behaviors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide technical leadership across the SSM Microsoft messaging, mobility and faxing environments
- Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange On-prem and Exchange Online systems within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment
- Modernize legacy processes through the introduction and pervasive use of new technologies and automation to optimize operations and ensure service uptimes
- Lead strategic activities, project planning, and solution delivery across the supported technologies
- Owns and drives creation, development and adoption of standardized and repeatable workflows and processes across the team to support smooth running of day to day operations
- Owns and manages all messaging related incidents including incident-related communications, ensures prompt and timely resolution and identification of relevant root causes
- Actively addresses audit and compliance findings and remediates cybersecurity incidents in an expedient manner to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of UC services and data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 6+ years of experience with Microsoft technologies including Exchange, Windows Servers and Active Directory and the O365 suite of applications
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical role with similar duties
- 4+ years of experience defining platform strategies that are scalable and sustainable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365, Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 On-Prem and Exchange Online, PowerShell, Active Directory, Azure and DNS
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate relationship management skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated passion and excellence for infrastructure operations and ability to lead and run a stable, disciplined operations team
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
1. The completion of a bachelor’s degree is preferable (master’s degree desirable), in a computer science or other information technology related subject.
2. Experience in managing large email, fax and mobility environments and in performing migrations to O365.
3. Demonstrated expertise in managing large, complex projects and driving them to successful completion
4. Expertise in leading and working with technical teams.
5. A formal certification in ITIL (or other) information technology best practice framework is desired.
May work remote in MO, IL, WI or OK.