Application Performance Manager (APM) Lead (Contract to hire)
The Doyle Group is seeking an experience APM lead resource to be our client’s right hand in managing their APM environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced SME in monitoring who can assist in driving our global client’s tool selection as well as adapting APM best practices enterprise wide.
Additional information about the current team and tech environment:
- Our customer today oversees an Indian based offshore team of 12+
- Current tech stack is CA Unified Infrastructure Manager, CA Spectrum, but are looking at Dynatrace, Cisco AppDynamics, and the HP monitoring suite.
- Experience in Splunk, Nagios, SolarWinds and New Relic helpful
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the administration of systems application and/or network monitoring tools in a large corporate environment with multiple global locations and 15k+ user base.
- Proven leadership experience with hands-on monitoring administration tasks including implementation of approved standard technologies, daily maintenance and support of production environments, automation of repeatable tasks, troubleshooting, post-mortem of critical incidents, and configuration/support of backup and recovery solutions.
- An interest and effort to stay current on industry leading trends
- Leadership in metrics-driven delivery: defining Service Level Agreements (SLAs), monitoring SLAs, enhancing environment to meet SLAs.
- Ability to lead functional counterparts within the organization and through all stages of planning and development of program objectives; including directing and allocating the department’s resources, timing, etc., needed to assure program(s) completion.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Perform all duties within ITIL best practices guidelines for Incident, Change, Request, and Problem.
- Adhere to all security best practices, and governance and compliance laws such as HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Defines detailed specifications, in compliance with the operations architecture (which include infrastructure and security), to solve complex, business problems.
- Tunes the operating environment parameters to ensure the efficient use of existing resources.
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current environment with tools for efficient turnaround.
- Leads hands-on administration tasks including installation of monitoring management tools, configuration of technical environment, backup configuration and recovery.
- Demonstrates leadership in resolving problems, balancing conflicting requirements in partnership with other teams within ITS and business customers.
- Provides Tier 3 (monitoring) support. Follows support escalation processes as defined.
- Provides technical leadership during major incident response and management.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and other necessary documentation.