Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Lead Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for Level 3 technical support and development of applications within the IT Solutions Delivery department for the Repository and Derivatives Services (RDS) area. As part of Level 3 application support team contribute into project initiatives for APAC, EMEA or US regions for our Global Trade Repository (GTR) and Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR) systems Highly technical position with an emphasis on providing expert consultative services to development teams. Contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contribute expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, and operating systems; execute on the plan by building components, testing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions.What you'll do:
Sound like you?
- Support DTCC applications by providing application and system support for DTCC's production application services client facing environments.
- Participate in new projects and ensure all deliverables like PTO, Controls etc. are in place for the application support
- Provide support handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC's production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Participate in daily code deploys while working on individual or team projects
- Translate business requirements into software designs and implementations
- Participate in thorough code reviews with a goal of illustrating quality engineering practices and to produce the highest quality code possible
- Build high quality and scalable / performant applications
- Understand requirements and translate them into specific Application and other EI tasks.
Who We Are:
- 6+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; thorough understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- Expert knowledge in Java/ JEE and coding best practices.
- Expert knowledge in development concepts. Good design and coding skills in Web Services, Spring, Soap/Rest APIs, and Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications.
- Good experience in working with Message Oriented Middleware technologies (IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, SOA, etc.) and other distributed technologies.
- Experience integrating with database technologies such as Oracle, MySql, etc.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests and following TDD.
- Experience in developing and using AWS cloud stack (S3, SQS, Redshift, Lamda. etc.) is a big plus
- Is very comfortable in operating in a Unix environment and has experience with shell scripts.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Cloudbees, Git, etc.
- Has experience working in Agile Scrum and is a strong team player.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field
- Education, Training &/or Certification:
- College Degree in Business Administration / IT preferred
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
To maintain strong alignment between IT and the business, we are bringing together all Solutions-focused teams under a unified technology organization, IT Solutions. The newly-formed IT Solutions department combines Application Development and Enterprise Application Support functions, allowing us to leverage synergies to support the Solutions business lines.