Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
Seeking a self-driven and action-oriented strategist to provide architectural guidance, technology recommendations and transition strategies that help bring our suite of finance applications to the next level.
The architect chapter within the Travelers Insurance Companies is a top-level division of the Technology and Operations group. This position will support the Financial Systems area within our Corporate & Shared Systems information technology group.
As a talented application and solution Architect, you will collaborate with and lead our Finance technology team in the evolution of our ecosystem. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
In this role your contributions will include:
- Provide strategic thinking, solution designs and roadmaps which support architectural recommendations to further bring modern technologies to our application portfolio
- Learn and understand our current state technologies, and the strategic and tactical needs of the supported business areas by working with our technology and business teams
- Learn and share your knowledge of Finance systems, modern application architectures, modern engineering practices and industry trends in technology and architecture
- Help articulate the various business and technology use cases and options to drive decision making toward our best options.
- Recommend and conduct hands-on Proof of Concept work to evaluate feasibility, create guidance and direction for our development and configuration teams
- Provide leadership over product evaluations and Proof of Concepts.
- Provide strategy and process oversight for solutions, roadmaps, and architectural recommendations.
- Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews.
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, and best practices in solution design
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 1 year of experience as a technical lead required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other Employment Practices
- Shows a broad understanding of the capabilities and direction of technology.
- An in-depth knowledge of pertinent technology areas is preferred:
- Professional experience with software development, including build and deploy pipelines
- Ability to refactor custom applications in ways that take advantage of public cloud tools and techniques
- Experience establishing and maintaining software-as-a-service arrangements in a complex ecosystem
- Experience with financial systems, financial business processes, interaction of different financial capabilities.
- Exhibits strong ability to collaborate with a variety of staff roles, including software engineering, analysis, business use, and testing.
- Shows ability to elicit complex requirements and translate into target and transitional architectures
- Can work well in an agile environment, providing timely progressive elaboration in support of the build teams.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent, or appear contradictory.
- Able to develop solutions by applying accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology.
- Sees the big picture and is fully aware of technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Bases decisions on an accurate understanding of the situation, is able to infer future needs of known and unprecedented situations based on an advanced understanding of technology and business objectives.
- Effectively assesses the long-term and short-term implications of decisions on the department, corporation, and group.
- Team Orientation:
- Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.