About Neocova: Neocova is a rapidly expanding financial technology firm that offers artificial intelligence, analytics and other cloud-based systems that enable financial institutions to operate more efficiently, effectively and securely by removing the stresses of managing complex systems and complicated contracts. The company’s headquarters are in St. Louis, MO, with operations in New York, NY. Neocova’s company purpose is to help financial institutions better serve their communities through the power of smart technology and partnership. We are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance oriented professionals who love to make a positive difference.
Role Summary: The Lead Backend Engineer’s (LBE) role is to work with the Engineering team to scope, design, and implement APIs and other software systems that power Neocova’s suite of products. The LBE will focus on supporting the Engineering team through a variety of projects working with various work streams and groups both internal and external to deliver technology solutions to requirements. The LBE possesses excellent people skills with an ability to understand and engage with project team members, senior management, internal and external customers, consultants and other related stakeholders.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Engineering team with a variety of technical projects both internal and external facing.
- Frequently take a leading role in prescribing software solutions to business requirements, and lead the design and implementation of those solutions
- Consistently demonstrate leadership in helping other Engineering team members learn and refine their skills
- Efficiently and comfortably write detailed technical specifications for software systems including but not limited to OpenAPI specifications, data models and database schema, inter-process and inter-application communication mechanisms, system architecture diagrams and related materials.
- Work with the Information Security team to ensure that all backend software systems and associated deliverables are consistently put through proper security checks and evaluation prior to and following deployment.
- Create project documentation and detailed development notes as needed.
- Effectively ensure the successful delivery of several projects simultaneously.
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to ensure timely and managed release of deliverables to production.
- Effectively communicate status, changes and issues to the relevant parties and stakeholders using a variety of tactics, written, oral, or team-based.
- Quickly address and /or escalate project issues, and support their resolution.
- Clearly explain decisions and/or recommendations to the team.
- Liaise with technical vendors.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Communication (expressing ideas effectively orally and in writing)
- Strong organizational skills: proven ability to stay organized while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Teamwork/collaboration and ability to work with multiple stakeholders (effectively working within and outside formal lines of authority)
- Inquisitive and dedicated to consistent self-improvement
- Proven ability to execute, with demonstrated improvement over time
- Relentless attention to detail
- Continually pushes self and team to excellence, with specific and actionable feedback
- Comfort in an environment in which ideas are vigorously discussed and debated
- Comfortable working at a rapid pace startup-like environment in which decisions often have to be made with imperfect/incomplete information
- Deals effectively with ambiguity
- Mature orientation with ability to hold information in extreme confidence
- Runs emotionally counter to the team - lights a fire in face of complacency, maintains calm in a crisis
- Understands the process but is not process paralyzed
- Entrepreneurial orientation with a willingness to take and manage risk, weigh pros and cons
- Demonstrated consistency in encouraging and empowering colleagues, customers and partners, and other individuals in the daily professional context