About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG's Technology Consulting practice is seeking a Lead Business / System Analyst who will be responsible for creating customer business requirements/user stories working collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts to understand systems functionality and developing good and well written functional/technical requirements for project initiation, design and implementation. Experienced with California Procurement process called PAL (Project Approval LifeCycle) and FSR (Feasibility Study Report). Able to guide team members on PAL process, best practices, and methodologies. Responsible for helping clients and product owners prioritize product backlogs. Work with various program staff to elicit undocumented business processes and requirements. Verify that the architects, developers, and customers agree on the meaning of requirements and user stories.
• Responsible for creating customer business requirements/user stories working collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts to understand systems functionality and developing good and well written functional/technical requirements for design and implementation.
• Able document and guide team members on PAL process, best practices, and methodologies.
• Responsible to help clients and product owners prioritize product backlogs.
• Work with various program staff to coordinate efforts. Verify that the designers and customers agree on the meaning of requirements and user stories.
• Understanding of systems build using .NET, ASP, C#, etc, business processes and functional requirements.
• Ensure that the proposed technology solution can meet the functional and business process requirements of Food and Agriculture domain.
• Document requirements and business rules, review business process packages, create and update to-be processes, communicate project details and requirements.
• 5+ years' experience with requirements gathering and requirements management and/or user story development
• 5+ years' experience facilitating discussions, decision making, and handling conflict resolution with staff and customers.
• 3+ years of experience serving as client's direct point of contact for PAL process.
• 3+ years of experience working with product owner and SME team coordinating all requirements from mapping to documenting.
• 7+ years' experience working on medium to large ($8M - $10M) IT projects. Strong understanding of best practices specific to SDLC methodologies including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, and any other rapid application development project lifecycles.
• 5+ years' experience in business process improvement, data process engineering, user interface configuration and delivered two (2) or more projects using Agile or hybrid methodology.
• Experience with enterprise tools, such as Licensing Management Systems and Payment Portals
• Experience with PAL (Project Approval LifeCycle) or its predecessor FSR (Feasibility Study Report).
• Experience with requirements/user story management tools and technologies
• Able to think strategically about projects and taking a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks
• Able to look at the environment (clients, partner agencies and vendors) holistically and understanding how the project will impact areas beyond the stated scope.
• Lead a team of Business analysts and System analysts with diverse skill sets in multiple locations or remotely
• Experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities.
• Experience with multi-vendor, multi-year project experience.
o BA-BOK certification or training
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.